Face shield is personal protective equipment that can be used by many workers in the medical field for protection of the facial area and associated mucous membranes (eyes, nose, mouth) from splashes, sprays, and spatter of body fluids which may contain COVID 19 virus. There are millions of potential users of face shields. It can be also used by Government Agencies and professional societies for protection from COVID 19 virus.
1) It is made up of moulded transparent poly-carbonate which gives maximum visibility and strength.
2) Easy to wear/use and more comfortable.
3) Protect a larger portion of the face.
4) User-centred design.
5) Ergonomic design.
6) Less fogging than goggles
7) No impact on breathing resistance.
8) The curve in shape gives more breathing space.
9) Impact resistance and reusable after sanitization.
10) It will make a barrier for the user from touching his/her faces especially the nose, so it stops the virus entering into the body.